Wednesday 26 June 2013

Lazing around on a sunny afternoon

Many tourists, and I don't mean to be harsh but particularly Australians, whinge about England's weather stating that the summer is too cold and it is always cloudy year round. Yet I think this perception is because we're used to our summers always being at least 30 degrees and above, whereas the average temperature in the English summer is usually between 20 to maybe 25 degrees (on a lucky day), and that's our winter climate. 

But I think the English summer is beautiful and enjoyable, and when the sun appears through the clouds it's actually not a wintry cold at all. It's not an unbearable summer like in Australia on days that reach 40 degrees, but a relaxing one and one that still warms your entire body. 

I'm sitting out in the garden this afternoon reading books about my upcoming trip to Norway and the rays of sun continuously shine down on me, and it definitely feels more than the 20 degrees that I'm used to in Australia's winter.

The only problem I've experienced is that it's a bit chilly in the morning so I wear jeans and a jumper, but then the sun comes out and it's like a heat wave under my clothes, making me kick myself for forgetting how unpredictable but how lovely the English summer truly is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment