Tuesday 18 June 2013

Prior Preparation Prevents Poor Performance!

Since this is my last week in Perth before my big trip, I've been trying to get heaps of my tasks done as I'll more than likely forget (well actually, just procrastinate) while I'm away from home.

Among my tasks of preparation, I've been getting any last minute accessories and clothes that I'll definitely need when living and studying in Bergen, Norway - I justify that they are necessities, not just an excuse for a girl to go on a crazy last minute shop... although let's be honest, it is still fun!

I've been researching a lot into the lifestyle, culture and particularly the weather of Bergen, and while I thought Edinburgh was the most rainiest place I have so far visited, I know now I am completely wrong after some light reading.

Apparently, the locals in Bergen will never leave the house without an umbrella because there is always the potential it will rain, EVERY SINGLE DAY! In addition to this, I found there is a joke often said that the town has four seasons in one day - so my thoughts to this is I better act and think like a local too.

However...

I decided to add my own uniqueness and be slightly different. Instead of investing in an umbrella, I chose to invest in a poncho! It's lightweight, compact (I can fold it up rather small), it will dry quickly, and the best thing is that it is clear so my outfit underneath is still on show. Pretty nifty I think :)



I did buy something a bit more stylish though, which won't necessarily help with the weather, but it will assist me in the most important aspect about my trip, my studies.

Usually back at my university in Perth, I generally will have a leather satchel bag which I carry all my notebooks and other texts inside, but I carry my laptop separately in a protective case. Although, when I thought about my future studies at the University of Bergen, I thought maybe that's not a good idea to carry it around separately, maybe I should get a bigger bag which has room for my laptop as well as my textbooks. Well I found the PERFECT bag which solves this problem:




While at first glance this bag seems too small, the looks are deceiving and misleading. This bag has a separate zip compartment in the middle especially for the laptop, and it is just like having a protective laptop case with its softly padded interior but having the added bonus of it being attached inside your bag. The bag also includes two compartments, one on either side of the laptop, so I can still put all my textbooks and stationary in there too, but it also has an addition two other compartments on either side of these which have a secure zip - so I can always put important documents in these parts too. I think it will make a very good and loyal companion on my trips to and from university, abroad and perhaps for when I return back here too.

It's like my very own Mary Poppins bag, and no one knows what I've kept guarded inside... except for you, lovely blogger readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment