Saturday 22 June 2013

"Packing is fun" said no one ever

I actually used to love to pack when I went on holidays when I was younger, going through my clothes and other bits and bobs and choosing my favourite picks to take with me.

However since I've grown older (and had to travel on my own), packing has been one stress I wish I didn't have to deal with.

The problem is this: I have a limit of 30kg from Perth to London, but then when I leave 5 weeks later from London to Bergen my baggage allowance is only 23kg, I'm going to be living in another country for 7 months so I need a good amount of clothes and shoes, but I'll probably be buying many things while away so I still need the extra room, and more importantly the kilos, to come back...

I try to aim for 20kg to take over, but I fail every time!

Then the next problem arises: So I decide to try take some stuff out to reduce the amount of kilos, but what should I take out??? Both England and Norway are pretty cold so I still need my warm clothes, but I also need summer clothes to layer because it's always warm inside. My toiletries weigh the most, and I'm thinking, do I really need to take my shampoo and conditioner? I mean it's cheaper for me to take them because I don't need to buy more while I'm over in Norway - and I'm a little hesitant in buying heaps of cosmetics and toiletries there because it could be a lot more expensive compared to what I would pay here in Perth.

I have come to the conclusion of either two solutions:
1. Take some stuff out my case to reduce the kilos
2. Purchase an extra bag when I leave from London to Bergen, which I found out isn't too bad if I purchase it online, it's an extra $50 but I get another bag with the allowance of another 23kg

To be honest I think I'm swinging towards both solutions. I can take some of my stuff out that I really can live without for 7 months, and I'll get an extra bag to be safe too - because I'm heading the UK for 5 weeks and they could be many goodies for me to buy which I don't want to miss out :)

My only stress will be coming back home... but I'll deal with that when the time comes nearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment