Thursday 1 August 2013

Voyage to the unknown

For a change, this blog post is going to be short and sweet, mostly because I am tired but also because I don't need to go into great lengths to express this story.

From the moment I knew I was going to be studying in Bergen, I have been endlessly exploring websites and reading many guidebooks about the town, as if not only to gain knowledge about the place but to also make me as prepared as possible for where I was about to be living.

However, I realised that no matter how much we try to prepare ourselves, when we are actually faced with that particular thing (or in my case, place) we have no idea what we are about to endure, and all those pre-determined expectations evaporate into the air.

While I have learnt that it rains most of the time in Bergen (therefore it is a good idea to take an umbrella, as I have read this EVERYWHERE), what sort of rain is it? Is it heavy rain? Or just light showers here and there?

Although these are only minor issues, I still feel a little under prepared and hugely overwhelmed about arriving in Bergen.

I feel, even though I have read LOADS on both Bergen and Norway, I have no idea of what to expect once I get there.

But this makes the upcoming adventure both nerve-racking and exciting...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tash me again I feel that you are doing fine and soon will meet people as friendly as you. Love nan xx

    ReplyDelete