Monday 15 July 2013

"Oh I do like to be beside the seaside..."

The reason it's been a little bit longer between posts is because I was away down in the south of Britain, in Worthing and Brighton.

Firstly I would just like to say that Brighton is my absolute favourite place in the whole of the United Kingdom, and it always will be. When I was working in the UK just over 18 months ago I got to work in Worthing, which is only a 10 minute train ride to Brighton, so I got to visit Brighton on all my days off without having to pay the rent price tag if I was living there.

Here is a picture of the Brighton seaside:

I was fortunate enough to get a really sunny (and quite hot I might add) day in Brighton, I was even tempted to go for a swim in the water but I decided to avoid walking on the pebbles and get an ice-cream instead which was just as lovely and still gives a nod to the British summer.

I won't go into all about Brighton, but while I was there, I did come across some new places and things that either weren't there 2 years ago, or I just didn't notice them at the time. So here's a few:

Now Brighton pier has always caught my attention for all the rides, arcades, bars, restaurants and all sorts of attractions. I turn into a massive kid when I go to the pier because it's like a showground but it's even better because all those attractions are held up on the pier over the sea. This time however I got EVEN MORE excited because there was a new ride I had never seen before, and it was insane! I'm not sure how to best explain it or what the actual name is, but it looked like a crane and there'd be about maybe 4 or so people sitting in one pod and at the other end of the crane there would be another pod again with the same amount of people; the crane would then slowly tilt each side like a see-saw before getting really fast so in the end it wasn't like a see-saw but a really fast ferris wheel by moving in a circular direction; not only this but the pods themselves were moving, spinning around just as fast in all different directions. Yet this isn't the best part about the ride, what made it so insane is that when the crane moved around you literally would be over the ocean at some point during the ride. Here's a photo (the crane is standing tall in the middle because it wasn't moving at the time):


While the Brighton sea-front is beautiful and filled with a lot of fun, really the highlight of Brighton (and what it's renowned for) is the lanes. My cousin and I went wandering through them, and the usual places I love were all still there. What I love about the stores in the lanes is that they are all unique, and this is why I love Brighton, because you can find one-of-a-kind pieces, labels, and designers, and no where else in the UK or even the world will have them. I came across a new store while my cousin was shopping for a new clutch bag, it was called "Beretun Designs" and at first I thought it was just a wedding store but I soon discovered they had many accessories and shoes to offer (although the wedding clothes, shoes and accessories were absolutely amazing!). The owners design and hand craft all the shoes and accessories themselves - I saw one particular shoe that had a crystal encrusted butterfly on the front of a white shoe and it was then I thought "I must come back to Brighton specifically for wedding shoes and accessories!". My cousin found the bag she had been searching for all day which was equally as beautiful and unique as the shoes I saw: 



Luckily for all of us who don't reside near Brighton, there is a Facebook page, so if you want to check out some of the wicked accessories and shoes, search on Facebook "Beretun Designs by Linda Johnson", or alternatively here's the website www.beretundesigns.co.uk.

That's all about Brighton for now, but I will be posting a little more about Brighton (just about my facial pamper session I got for free with my cousin) and about Worthing too, but unfortunately at this present moment I have to get ready for my next train journey to Scotland :)

Keep an eye out for some upcoming posts this week!












No comments:

Post a Comment