Sunday 21 July 2013

The Beach House

The "Beach House" is at Ackergill Tower in the highlands of Scotland, the day before my friend's wedding we had a BBQ there for some of the family and friends of the bride and groom. Unfortunately I didn't get to stay there the night as it was just for the bridal party, but I did get to have a snoop before any of the guests arrived for dinner...

Here's a sneaky look for you too:



^ Mushrooms growing on trees! Apparently they are not edible ^


^ View of Ackergill Tower (actually a castle) from the beach house ^


  
^ View of the front of the beach house ^


^ View from the front door, looking out towards the ocean ^








I didn't take photos of every bedroom, but in total there were 5 rooms and the place could sleep up to 10 people. They had names for every room which I found quite cute, there was "pebbles" and "mermaid" among the ones I can recall.  There were two rooms that were my favourite, the first was the conservatory (or sunroom as others might call it) which you can see in the 9th image down. I absolutely love these rooms!!! My aunty in another part of Scotland has one and I love just sitting there in the warmth reading books or chilling out. I think the reason why I like the conservatory so much is because you have the ambiance of feeling like you're outdoors but still have the luxury of being indoors (meaning not getting irritated by pesky flies or other bugs). While you don't see them much in Australia as what you do here in the UK, I am definitely investing in one when I have my own house... one day... whenever it may be...
My other favourite room was the main bedroom (not sure if I'd call it the master bedroom, because every room in this house had an en suite bathroom so they all felt like master bedrooms). It was up at the very top of the stairs and had slanted walls which I love because the light that shines in from the windows is absolutely lovely because due to the slant it shines right on the room (see the second last photo - you can see the sunlight beaming on the bed). Yet the best part of this room wasn't the slanted roof, no, it was much, much better. As I walked around the room, I notice at the very end away from the bed there were two doors that looked like they would open to a wardrobe. Instead they opened out onto the bathroom and the first object I was greeted with was the beautiful deep bath (see the last photo). I actually wanted to close the doors, hide away, and lay in that bath until I looked old and wrinkly. It was so cool how the doors hid it away so well, it looked nothing like bathroom doors but actual wardrobe doors, it was really deceiving to the unknown visitor.

Nevertheless, even though I didn't stay in this beach house, I did get some wicked new ideas for the wish list of my dream house.

If the dream house doesn't happen? Well at least I know I can come stay at the Ackergill Tower beach house and think it's my own house, even if just for one night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment